PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a method to refresh a panel that has been made active?

ABC123

coleresources
04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
I have a read-only panel card that displays the users information. They click on a button to take them to a new panel card which allows them to modify some of their information. Once they save, I'd like to refresh the read only panel so that it displays the changes. I know if you are using a list control you can refresh it. I guess I need some javascript that will refresh the data for me. Can anyone provide an example of how it's done?

DaveF
04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Do you know if you want to refresh the panel controls via the process of re-reading the data from the database and populating the controls or just re-setting the controls with the submitted data already in memory? If you have not saved the data to the database, you will obviously have to go with option 2.

coleresources
04-30-2013, 01:10 AM
I decided to force a logout after these changes which solved my problem. They are new values that have been submitted to the database though, to answer your question...Not what was already in memory.

coleresources
04-30-2013, 02:28 AM
This is still an issue for me actually, with a different panel now. If I want to refresh the a5w page when I set the active panel to my navigation panel where would I stick that? Is it xbasic or javascript? Any help is appreciated. I think that's the only way to accomplish what I need. What's happening is that when I give focus back to the panel I am using to create new records, the values entered previously are still there.

Clipper87
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Have you tried in the onpanelactivate event to set the innerhtml of panelcard 1 to the new values ? A panel refresh method does seem like an interesting suggestion to me; you may want to suggest it to Selwyn.

coleresources
05-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Frank,

I'm not seeing that event as an option. I did however use some inline javascript to set the controls value to ''

Thanks for the suggestion, it works.