PDA

View Full Version : PHP

ABC123

DaveM
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I did a search and found no help at all. This is a purely learning question.

Has inyone inserted php code into an a5w page? I know an a5w is basically a html with another name, but you can put php into a html page between different html codes.

Like I said, I am not there with any testing, just a question.

Thanks for any replies.

Davidk
06-08-2013, 01:35 PM
From what I understand from the search I did on this forum about PHP is that you need a server to understand PHP, and WAS does not - nor should it. IIS does, and if WAS and IIS get together then that's a possibility. From reading other posts you need a web server as well as IIS to get PHP running. Further reading suggests that you can have WAS and PHP stuff running on the same machine - they're just running through different ports. One post suggested that you could pass information between A5W pages and PHP pages by saving passed data in a database - so that's cool. You have to remember that an A5W page is being processed by the WAS - it's not simply an HTML page, but HTML mixed with specific XBasic code that WAS understands. You could shove PHP into an A5W page but WAS wouldn't know what to do with it - it's processing XBasic, not PHP.

DaveM
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks David,

The thought of course is that the a5w page would process only the parts needed as an html page would do. the *.php accompanying page would do the actual processing of the information from say a form on the a5w page. the actual PHP code is a seperate entity in all cases.

Actually, I think it will work. It may have to use a seperate html file to do this, but I was wondering if it would simply work straight from an a5w page.

explain: the a5w would simply call the php file to do it's own processing. php generally is mixed with html, although not for everything.

I just think it could be a real boon to alpha developers in certain scenarios, if it works.