PDA

View Full Version : Working Live Demo Sample?

ABC123

Keith Hubert
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Is there a live working sample application where I can download an Icon, to show prospective and current customers, how Alpha Anywhere can be good for their business. I don't mean the demo from the Alpha site that shows some panels and buttons.

I'm sure there is a good example using the Northwind files that could be made use of.

Bill Griffin
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't think so Keith. The demo mobile app that is on the sample apps menu seems to produce a blank DB.

Keith Hubert
06-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi Bill,

I had more in mind one of the sample apps that Selwyn had developed, which could be used as marketing material to show to potential customers.

When I say potential customers, I mean end users, not potential developers.

JerryBrightbill
06-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Alpha Anywhere comes with a completely new web application demo, as well as a mobile app demo. There are over 70 components in the web app demo alone with some being variations of designs shown in the videos. You need to do a full install to get the demos as they aren't in the patches.

jacobe
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Where can we download the full install? I only see the update/patches.

Bill Griffin
06-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Download the V12 demo and install it over your installation

Keith Hubert
06-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the info re sample app.

How would I demonstrate that sample to a prospective customer, without having it on a working server somewhere?

Is it not possible to log into the sample you mention directly on the same server Alpha is using?

kkfin
06-22-2013, 04:31 PM
http://ademo.alphasrvr.com/notesapp/notesapp.a5w

Keith Hubert
06-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Ken,

This works very well and looks great. Is there an Icon I can download and run this on my Nexus tablet?

Keith Hubert
06-24-2013, 06:52 AM
How about a working V12 Alpha Sports?

That would be fantastic to show customers the value of getting their business on-line.

user10
06-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Is there a live working sample application where I can download an Icon, to show prospective and current customers, how Alpha Anywhere can be good for their business. I don't mean the demo from the Alpha site that shows some panels and buttons.

I'm sure there is a good example using the Northwind files that could be made use of.

Keith
The demo mobile app uses Northwind.mdb .You will need to edit the connection string as it has the wrong path to the database.
It should be
{A5API=Access,FileName='C:\Users\Username\Documents\Alpha Anywhere V12\Demo Mobile Application\Northwind.mdb',UserName='Admin'}

Keith Hubert
06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi John,

Maybe I have not asked correctly. I was asking for a connection to an on-line site, not the sample on my machine.

Ken's example is very good but the Northwind example, I'm sure would also be good.

kkfin
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Maybe I have not asked correctly. I was asking for a connection to an on-line site, not the sample on my machine.

You can always buy a v12 server and use that for demos.

Keith Hubert
06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Ken,

The idea of looking at a sample built buy the software house is to demonstrate to prospective customers an the basis, try before you buy.

Have you never taken a car out for a test drive, before you bought it?

I don't need to buy it, if I don't have a customer who is going to use it. Also there is one small matter of the subscription, but that is for another thread.

user10
06-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi John,

Ken's example is very good but the Northwind example, I'm sure would also be good.

Hi Ken, I have been saying that for years! yes it would be great to have online apps to demonstrate to prospective clients without the hassle of having to do-it-yourself. I also think it would be immensely beneficial to create an Alpha Community to develop applications such as Alpha Sports for Mobile, ecommerce / web framework etc. as unfortunately Alpha do not have the resources.

kiwibruce
06-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi Ken, I have been saying that for years! yes it would be great to have online apps to demonstrate to prospective clients without the hassle of having to do-it-yourself. I also think it would be immensely beneficial to create an Alpha Community to develop applications such as Alpha Sports for Mobile, ecommerce / web framework etc. as unfortunately Alpha do not have the resources.

I would 2nd that!
It would be awesome if Alpha added a Demos section to their. It is a bit perplexing that they don't have one.