PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I've created the Phone App example

ABC123

bhrt60
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
When I view this on my Android phone I the the simulated iPhone background !

This is a total waste of space and not how I would deploy a app !
I can understand this required on a PC with a Browser
The phone should simply display the app

Have I missed a trick here... How do display the App without the simulated iPhone

PS: I'm using the Application Server on the development machine as I'm not ready to do a dedicated hosting just yet

Bill Griffin
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I think you may have missed a trick or learned a new one. How are you displaying this on your phone now? (details) Did you publish? Did you use remote test?

bhrt60
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Guess I did a Remote Test

publish emm.... will look into that !

Bill Griffin
06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
I suspect you used the url for the livepreview, which would have given you the simulator view. When the main component it open, click remote test and follow the instructions.

DaveF
06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I can do a Remote Test without publishing and it works fine on my iPhone and Windows Smartphone. I don't see the iPhone simulator image when I enter the LivePreview URL. Are you using GardenWeb?

Bill Griffin
06-24-2013, 10:01 PM
If you want to run the whole application it is better to publish it and run from the published folder. The remote test is great for testing a component

bhrt60
06-25-2013, 03:28 AM
If you want to run the whole application it is better to publish it and run from the published folder. The remote test is great for testing a component

ok... managed it via email - Remote test that is without simulation

I've also published it but can't figure out how to access published version.
I've googled and searched forums but guess I'm asking wrong questions

bhrt60
06-25-2013, 03:36 AM
I can do a Remote Test without publishing and it works fine on my iPhone and Windows Smartphone. I don't see the iPhone simulator image when I enter the LivePreview URL. Are you using GardenWeb?

No, Chrome on Android

I did manage to email the correct URL for Remote testing

I'm getting error when I try to copy to Clipboard or do a QR code - think I got some rough values in my Alpha settings somewhere but can't seem to alter it
c:\users\...\Installations\CProgramFilex86a5v12 - the CProgramFilex86aa5v12 bit seem wrong
but can't see how I can change it

Bill Griffin
06-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Upgrade to the latest version, there was an issue with remote test. the best source to learn about publishing is in the documentation.search for publishing