PDA

View Full Version : Web Security with Mysql not working on V12

ABC123

cezar
07-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I compiled an old application that is working on V11 with the new V12 version.
My security tables are on Mysql Databases linked to the local web security tables.
All active links were double checked.

I uploaded the files to the server, but I can't login with the same user/password already stored at the databases.

"Login information incorrect" is the message after trying to log in.
In the V11 version the login is working.

It seems that the passwords compiled with V11 are not valid for V12 version. The encryption key is the same. Everything is the same. But the same user/password fails on V12 version.

Anyone has found a similar situation? Any idea?

Thanks,

Cezar

Steve Wood
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I only have one application up on V12 with security, and it works properly. But in my case the passwords are not encrypted, so maybe that is the difference. If Jerry spots this post I am sure he can answer.

In the mean time maybe you can look at your websecurity_users table and note the encrypted value for a user, then remove that user and add them back in using your normal process. Then look to see if the encrypted value is different for the newly added user.

cezar
07-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Just added a new user, same password. The information on the users table are the same.

I can login with this user on V11.

But I can't login on V12.

gregincolumbus
07-02-2013, 05:22 PM
My experience has been the same as Steve. I don't have encrypted passwords and have not had any issues with V12 and security using a project originally designed in V11. I also use MySQL to hold my user data.

Did you confirm your Alpha DAO named connection string settings in the project profile?

Steve Wood
07-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Do you have V11 and V12 running on the same server, and using a separate copy of your application, separately published by V11 and V12? If, so are you using different publishing profiles in each case. (You must delete/recreate a publishing profile if using a copy, running on same server because the profile produces a security GUID that must be unique per application)

cezar
09-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Just to upgrade and finish this post - yes, Steve is right. We must take care of the profiles. I rebuilt the profiles AND relinked all mysql security tables.
Tks,