PDA

View Full Version : Mobile application login and security... examples?

ABC123

parkjammer
07-03-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm working to produce a couple of small mobile applications. While I'm making progress on the overall app, I haven't figured out how to add a simple login screen using something similar to a "login component" (as used in A5v11).

There are several templates for login management (create new, modify existing, etc). However, I don't see one for just basic login.

I've searched the video lists and the YouTube channel but there also appears to be no video example.

In particular I would like to pop in a little login element (nothing big) on one or more "panels" where appropriate.

Ideally the login would persist/be-remembered for a period such as two weeks.

Thoughts or input?

Thanks.

Davidk
07-07-2013, 10:37 PM
There are some new login features coming for the UX. From Selwyn...

We are adding integrated login to the UX so that you will have the following options

1. use a standard Login component that redirects to the ux on login
2. use the AppLauncher component and turn on the login feature
3. use the integrated login functionality that is being built into the ux.

parkjammer
07-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Thanks David.

I'm in the thick of things regarding my own app. I've tested all the of the existing login/edit/update/register templates but am ultimately waiting for:

Persistence detection (is this device already logged in for a set time)
If logged in, provide greeting. Else allow login or registration.
Self registration (no confirmation by administrator)

I've looked at the AppLauncher component but there is very little available documentation.

As an aside, I see you are from Markham. I'm a Saskatchewanite... also lived/worked in the T.O. area and supported hotels in every city... including Markham. Used to participate in a musical jam at the "Fox and the Fiddle" in Markham. Goes back a long way though...

Cheers!

Davidk
07-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Hey Allan,

I liked that place... probably saw you play there. I live a 5 min. walk away. It's long gone now... I don't even know what's in there now... it's been so many different restaurants... I can't keep up.

parkjammer
07-09-2013, 01:37 AM
I should note that as a Saskchewanite who lived in the Greater T.O. area for 5 years, then lived in Manhattan for a decade, and now lives in Austin TX... I am still connecting with musicians from that jam in Markham (with a sister jam in Mississauga). Meeting with a couple in three weeks in NYC for music! The Fox & Fiddle lives!