PDA

View Full Version : Publishing Mobile with V12

ABC123

jpage
07-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Ok, I feel like I missed some basics. I'm using the UX component, lists, panels, etc. It works on a desktop browser, or a browser on a iphone/ipad, but does not look like an app; it looks like a mini webpage. I'm I supposed to do something different when I publish it? Does it still go in an a5w page? Is there some mobile app check box I was supposed to check? How do I get to the "Mobile Simulator" in Alpha Five that looks like these devices in the dev environment?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Bill Griffin
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
In the UX properties, change the style sheet to IOS. To get the simulator, check the mobile box when you select controls on the UX component.

Also go to the Video finder and filter on mobile. There are a bunch of videos to guide you through most stuff

jpage
07-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Bill, Thanks... I knew I had to have missed a box somewhere. Does the component still go in an A5W page? Mine looks like a mini webpage on an iphone...

Bill Griffin
07-09-2013, 07:42 AM
I would suggest you go through the videos on panels and navigators. There are a LOT of options for making things fit properly based on device and orientation. There are also sample applications to help guide you in the right direction.

jpage
07-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Bill, thanks, doing much better with it now. I'd played with panels for use on a desktop browser but just starting to play with it for real mobile. Working much better now, really couldn't find that simulator until you pointed it out. Thx.

Bill Griffin
07-09-2013, 10:43 AM
So mush to learn, so little time. The videos are a great place to get info.

Good Luck