PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection

ABC123

leec2000
07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I have a shot at a nice contract but part of it requires communication to a device with bluetooth. Is there any way to do this with A5?

Steve Workings
07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
As long as the device can run a browser you should be able to proceed. The iPad, for instance, allows use of a bluetooth microphone for text input. We've done this using the mic for voice input to a text area and were very happy with the results.

Anyone giving you full advice should also suggest you test the configuration they need before telling 'em you can do it.

leec2000
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the response Steve. From the docs I have, I need to send a string of bytes to the device to control it and it responds with a string of bytes in response to my request. I used to do that years ago sending bytes out of a port and receiving response back by reading a port. But that was way back in the DOS days and I don't know if it can be done with A5.

pettechservices
07-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Just a suggestion, as you are looking as a WEB application, maybe PhoneGap would be the answer? I am not very familiar with PhoneGap, but it seems to allow internal tablet/smartphone components to be interacted with via web applications. Just a thought and needs to be tested.