PDA

View Full Version : WCD Grid Computation

ABC123

doorscomputers
09-13-2013, 10:02 AM
How do I get the sum of a column on a grid component for a child table so that I can use it on another computation on another child table ?
I will input some values on Grid 1 then on grid 2 I will input a value and add it to the total sum of the value on grid1. How do i do this? Thanks!

forskare
11-09-2013, 09:47 PM
It's in the field settings. Click the field in the grid for which you want the column total. Then, drop down to the Settings section and you will see a check box for the column total.

JetLi
11-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Thank you so much!, How do I assign this value to a variable so that I can use it in another computation on another grid?

forskare
11-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much!, How do I assign this value to a variable so that I can use it in another computation on another grid?

I don't know but the approach I would try is to use a calculated field. It may not be a good approach and it may not work. It might depend on which table on which the grid is based. If the same table, then a calculated field should work. If not, then that will be a bit more of a challenge because you will need to explicitly name the tables.