PDA

View Full Version : Change Alpha Five Theme

ABC123

cmshore
11-08-2013, 07:59 PM
How do you change the Alpha Five Theme. I found the settings and I can change within the settings already established but how do I add a new one. I would like to put a picture in the main workspace/desktop area. If that is not possible, I want to at least give it a compatible color to the forms in the application.

Thanks for your help

Ray in Capetown
11-09-2013, 03:37 AM
On Stylesheets select "Create New"

cmshore
11-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Talking about the main Alpha 5 work area. If no workspace is open,what is left is the area I am talking about. The CSS do not affect that area.

Ray in Capetown
11-09-2013, 01:04 PM
. . . I found the settings and I can change within the settings already established but how do I add a new one. . .
In that workspace - where you select settings, to the right.

cmshore
11-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Ok, in the main Alpha window with NO workspace open, if you go to View/Settings, you get this screen:

on the left, under Preferences, you get Miscellaneous Preferences where "Alpha Five Theme" is listed. I want to add a file to the "value" list of my choices. How do I add a new file?

Ray in Capetown
11-10-2013, 02:45 AM
I didnt get what you call the main Alpha window.
Use this method.
Open a form form that you have set style the way you want - in edit - right click - button "create new" - will create a style with the name you choose

cmshore
11-10-2013, 09:57 AM
This settings area does not seem dependent on the stylesheets. In fact the options on the list, do not contain any of the default stylesheets. I have a created stylesheet that is for my current project. It does not appear on this list. However, logically, it must have a stylesheet to define the menu colours, header area, and main work area. So, where is it, how do I change it?

Ray in Capetown
11-10-2013, 11:34 AM
If, as you say, you created a stylesheet, did you save it and give it a name?
Not?
Then its just a form, styled the way you did it. On its own it is not a stylesheet.
Open that form, in design mode .. follow instruction in my last post to save it as a stylesheet.

cmshore
11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes, the stylesheets was saved. It is used with my application in the workspace. This is what is frustrating. It does not show on the above screen. Please step through my steps then can anyone tell me where I can access my stylesheet so that I can change the main area.

Bill Griffin
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I beleive that the stylesheets have no effect on the main area of alpha, just forms, browses etc. The main area is controlled by the windows themes as far as I can tell.

Ray in Capetown
11-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Yes, the stylesheets was saved. It is used with my application in the workspace. This is what is frustrating. It does not show on the above screen. Please step through my steps then can anyone tell me where I can access my stylesheet so that I can change the main area.
Why?

cmshore
11-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Read my post on 11/09 at 11:24 pm. This is not dependent on the windows settingms as it can be changed. I want it compatible with the stylesheet settings of my application. If I can make a selection in the "View Settings" window then the list should be updateable somewhere.

Bill Griffin
11-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't believe you can change it to anything than the choices you are presented. This does not have anything to do with stylesheets.

cmshore
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
As I have been stating from the beginning, this has nothing to to with the stylesheets or web styles. However, 2 things lead me to believe that it can be changed somewhere. 1st, Alpha 5 is mostly written in xBasic with some C, I believe. 2nd, the fact that you can change it at all means that there is a list somewhere that references some form of stylesheet or CSS. I want to find it and change to to be compatible with my project. Olive, Silver, Blue and Windows themes are just not my favorites.