PDA

View Full Version : Filter Drop Down List with Session Variable

ABC123

newbee
12-20-2013, 01:59 PM
For Desktop Application -

I have a [Contractor]->[Pricing] (pricing is child). This child table gets default info from [Base Pricing] i have it setup now as a lookup but wanted to filter based on [Contractor - Field: Branch] so i set up a session variable but i can't figure out how to filter the list or where the code needs to go so the drop down list in the [pricing] (child table) will only show base pricing that we have in the system for that branch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray in Capetown
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Jared your explanation not clear
See an example, if this is not what you are trying to do attach a sample db

newbee
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry Ray here are some pictures of what I am trying to filter so only the relevant Branch info comes up. First pic shows where I was trying to set up the filter from. The second shows what I am trying to filter out based on Contractor Branch.
Thanks for your help.

Ray in Capetown
12-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Without supplying a sample you HAVE to be both precise AND specific in your description - even at the the risk of being verbose and repetitive.
Firstly you did not say that you were looking up in fieldrules, so one would have to guess at which of perhaps a dozen methods you were using
Secondly your picture shows only what you want but not what you have got. Filenames, fieldnames, relationship.
This does not make it any easier to help, which is maybe why you are not getting replies - must be at least 100 people here could have helped you already
your filter must contain specific file->fieldnames in some cases and I cant tell whether both tables are open, linked or neither.
Anyhow you need to specify
lookup->fieldvalue = current table->fieldvalue

johnkoh
12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Jared,

Please read this " Dynamically filtered table lookups " from http://www.learnalpha.com/filtered/filtered.htm

and Is it same issue with yours?