PDA

View Full Version : h.object.refresh()

ABC123

forskare
06-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm trying to embed a grid on a form but it throes an error message (see attached) when I try to select the grid name. Click OK and the grid list appears. Upon selecting a grid and then click OK yields the same error message. Click OK an it goes back to the embedded grid setup window.

I found nothing on the v12 message board related to h.object.refresh(). Any ideas what might be the cause?

martinwcole
06-09-2014, 12:50 PM
you get that message when that kind of object does not have that method - have you looked in Alpha's explorer for that object's methods, etc.?

forskare
06-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Hi Martin,

I'm confused. What object are you referring to?

martinwcole
06-10-2014, 12:10 AM
the grid is an object
everything on a form is an object
if you open alpha explorer you can find the grid in the list and look at what resources you have - obviously "refresh()" is not one of them

open the form containing the grid, and then Alpha's explorer

forskare
06-10-2014, 01:14 AM
OK, but the problem is the embedding of the grid using the super control is not working. If the grid does not have a refresh, then the genie is amiss. What do you get when you try to embed a grid on a form? The error message throws as soon as the button is clicked to select the grid.

martinwcole
06-10-2014, 02:16 AM
sorry - have never used a grid
wy are you using one?

GGandhi
06-10-2014, 06:43 AM
while this may not address your problem ( I am on version 11 and you version 12)
the supercontrol works by creating an xdialog and placing the requested grid in that xdialog. it is done by alpha to place the grid onto the form.
there must be some problem with that operation. you may need to redo the whole thing and test again.

forskare
06-10-2014, 11:37 AM
sorry - have never used a grid
wy are you using one?

Grids are quite extraordinary. They are much more flexible than a browse and have features that a browse such as column totals. Additionally, grids allow for various layout features and can be "fine tuned", which a browse cannot. Grids can also be displayed similar as a form. You would be doing yourself a fqavor by examining the grid capabilities.

martinwcole
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
you may very well be right