PDA

View Full Version : Problem when renaming a FormView Form ID

ABC123

billdhess
08-30-2015, 12:59 PM
I want to rename the form IDs for my FormViews to better identify them. (My app is quickly growing and I can't tell the FORMVIEW_1 from FORMVIEW_12.)
I renamed a formview from "FORMVIEW_1" to "DEMOGRAPHICSFORM" When I did this, I got script errors when doing a Working Preview.
I downloaded the most recent patch and got the same results.
I tried doing an Edit | Bulk Operation | Recalculate UX Components ...but that didn't help.

I did a "diff" on the code that was generated and this is what I found:
Before
#DLG1\.V\.R1\.FORMVIEW_1 {}
After
nothing

Before
DLG1_DlgObj._forms['FORMVIEW_1'] = {... (lots of code supporting the formview)
After
DLG1_DlgObj._forms['DEMOGRAPHICSFORM'] = {}; (no code!)

In the meantime I am not renaming form views (Patient: "It hurts when I do this." Doctor: "Don't do that!") ;)
Please advise,
Thanks,
BH

CharlesParker
08-31-2015, 08:15 AM
I would bet you can use the space following FORMVIEW after the underbar, as in
FORMVIEW_DEMOGRAPHICS_FORM
FORMVIEW_BOMBSQUAD_FORM

just guessing, but seems like it would work!

billdhess
08-31-2015, 10:54 AM
That didn't do it. Even if I just add a character onto the end of the Form View name (e.g., change FORMVIEW_1 to FORMVIEW_1A it causes the same thing.
I think this is Beta issues.

CharlesParker
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
Well, I did say I was guessing :rolleyes: ----- you must be right, it's probably a BETA issue!

Beta Spark
09-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I want to rename the form IDs for my FormViews to better identify them. (My app is quickly growing and I can't tell the FORMVIEW_1 from FORMVIEW_12.)
I renamed a formview from "FORMVIEW_1" to "DEMOGRAPHICSFORM" When I did this, I got script errors when doing a Working Preview.
I downloaded the most recent patch and got the same results.
I tried doing an Edit | Bulk Operation | Recalculate UX Components ...but that didn't help.

I did a "diff" on the code that was generated and this is what I found:
Before
#DLG1\.V\.R1\.FORMVIEW_1 {}
After
nothing

Before
DLG1_DlgObj._forms['FORMVIEW_1'] = {... (lots of code supporting the formview)
After
DLG1_DlgObj._forms['DEMOGRAPHICSFORM'] = {}; (no code!)

In the meantime I am not renaming form views (Patient: "It hurts when I do this." Doctor: "Don't do that!") ;)
Please advise,
Thanks,
BH

Hi Bill,

I checked things out in today's build (3075-4537.) As of this morning this is the behavior I'm seeing:

Rename FormView
Run Working Preview - nothing renders.
Open FormView Properties and save (click the "OK" button.)
Run Working Preview - everything behaves as expected (as far as I can tell...)

This probably goes without saying, but make sure you also remember to update any Javascript that references the FormView directly, such as in save/cancel buttons and code that may reference the form control in list control events.

So - short term - if you rename your FormView ID, remember to open the form's properties and click the "OK" button. This should update most things. Any javascript you've written or controls that reference the FormView may need to be manually updated.

I have sent a note on to the development team. Thanks!

billdhess
09-01-2015, 01:58 PM
That works for me.
BTW - what is the appropriate method for submitting suggestions / enhancement requests for Beta?
Thanks,
B

Beta Spark
09-01-2015, 02:07 PM
That works for me.
BTW - what is the appropriate method for submitting suggestions / enhancement requests for Beta?
Thanks,
B

Hi Bill!

You can post requests right here on this forum! I am checking in daily and send on any requests or issues straight to the dev team.

Additionally, you can also submit questions/concerns/requests to tabletbeta [at] alphasoftware.com.

Thanks!

Beta Spark
09-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Hi All!

I just wanted to let you know this is fixed in today's build, Build 3077. You can download the patch or full installer at http://www.alphasoftware.com/tablet/beta/install.asp.

Thanks!