PDA

View Full Version : Compatible Editor for FormView

ABC123

edsicard
12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
In release 4.3 Selwin added a TextArea editor Called "TextArea-Mobile-Scrollable"
But I need to use this control with a FormView in the same manner as the other formview editors.
I thought that there was a guild for building these type of controls.
Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

CharlesParker
12-02-2016, 08:25 PM
I would first go over the release notes, theres usually a good bit of info on new components and setup of same

Davidk
12-21-2016, 01:11 AM
The Defined Controls Editors are essential because they establish everything needed for a working Editor. However, you can copy what they do... or in this case... replace where needed.

Add an Editor-Textbox and then delete the Textbox control. In its place add in the TextArea-Mobile-Scrollable control... TAMS for short. In the sample attached I changed the name of the TAMS control to EDITOR_1_TXTAREA.

You'll need to update the TAMS Control Javascript... specifically the .getPointer() method. Ensure it points to whatever name you give the control.

As well... update the Editor Set value and Get value events for the TAMS control name.

That's all there is. Works really well.

edsicard
12-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Great, Thanks.

The formViews work great but they are missing that builtin user interface for resolution for write conflicts that detail views have.

Davidk
12-21-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm confused. You wanted an Editor for the new TAMS control... but you can't use it?

edsicard
12-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Sorry, the control works great! Just what I needed. Thanks again.