PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the New Alpha TransForm Forum

ABC123

Dave McCormick
08-14-2018, 11:17 AM
This space is for discussion of Alpha TransForm (see transform.alphasoftware.com) for details.
For email support, send an email to TFService (at) alphasoftware.com.

Ted Giles
09-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Well credit where credit is due.
This is a very slick and easy piece of software to capture on the hoof stuff in a mobile working environment. Well done Alpha.
I registered and used my DT to create a simple form, loaded Transform app from the App Store and away we went. It really is super simple to get started.
It seems a bit "clunky" with the update messages as opposed to a web app designed for mobiles running against a SQL database, but then it is for non-techies to use so gives a level of confirmation and comfort.
The location search was a bit iffy, and there does not appear to be a simple way to create a lookup list (not a Yes/No list) of say, people or buildings, but then I started from scratch and didn't use the predefined forms.
I really liked the quick and easy photo and signature additions, not so keen on the phone layout menu, but that's a personal thing and the phone apps I have developed are for people with sausage fingers.

All in all, a very good product, and we will get to see if it is affordable in the future I suspect.
I hope it catches on however in the UK we are almost covered for mobile data so off-line is less of an issue than in the USA.
Once data is available I presume it can be analysed easily and downloaded to a server of choice, but that might be in the future.

So an hour well spent as far as I am concerned.

glenschild
09-09-2018, 10:01 PM
Well credit where credit is due.
This is a very slick and easy piece of software to capture on the hoof stuff in a mobile working environment. Well done Alpha.
I registered and used my DT to create a simple form, loaded Transform app from the App Store and away we went. It really is super simple to get started.
It seems a bit "clunky" with the update messages as opposed to a web app designed for mobiles running against a SQL database, but then it is for non-techies to use so gives a level of confirmation and comfort.
The location search was a bit iffy, and there does not appear to be a simple way to create a lookup list (not a Yes/No list) of say, people or buildings, but then I started from scratch and didn't use the predefined forms.
I really liked the quick and easy photo and signature additions, not so keen on the phone layout menu, but that's a personal thing and the phone apps I have developed are for people with sausage fingers.

All in all, a very good product, and we will get to see if it is affordable in the future I suspect.
I hope it catches on however in the UK we are almost covered for mobile data so off-line is less of an issue than in the USA.
Once data is available I presume it can be analysed easily and downloaded to a server of choice, but that might be in the future.

So an hour well spent as far as I am concerned.

And very straightforward to integrate with an alpha anywhere application! Both in pushing partially completed forms out to a user and grabbing the data back into an application!

Ted Giles
09-10-2018, 04:25 AM
So how would that work then?
My app running on my servers, AT running on thecAlpha Cloud.

glenschild
09-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Using the api connectivity already built into AA

Ted Giles
09-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I will try it with my chosen web development kit. I don't use AA web.

JetLi
09-29-2018, 08:41 PM
It would be much better if the data saved on transform app will be also saved when edited using Alpha Anywhere.