PDA

View Full Version : Bad Grid Display

ABC123

Phil Rolf
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
I have an a5w page up on a site that has a grid component. On all the computers that I have accessed the a5w page everything looks great. However, I have ONE computer where the grids have been striped of the Rainy Day format. The grid is just a bunch of fine lined bordered boxes showing the correct info. Since the page displays fine on all the computers but one, is there a setting in my browser on the one computer that may be causing this to happen? Help!!!

JerryBrightbill
12-15-2004, 05:39 PM
What browser is used on the computer with the problem? Does the browser support style sheets?

Jerry

Phil Rolf
12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Windows XP Professional and IE

Selwyn Rabins
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
if you install firefox, or opera, or netscape on that computer, does the grid display correctly on those browsers?

Phil Rolf
12-16-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't have any of the other browsers. But what I just discovered is that it is only ONE page that is causing the problem. I have other pages up on the web using the Rainy Day format and those pages display fine.

I have attached a jpg showing the problem. Could it be that this is a result that the page is being displayed in a frame?

Selwyn Rabins
12-16-2004, 05:25 PM
i really don't know. the web app server generates standard html/css that should display correctly in all modern browsers.

you can download netscape/firefox and opera for free and try them.

Edward Larrabee
12-21-2004, 05:42 AM
I discovered that my Google search bar (when activated) would change the colors of some form fields in Internet Explorer.

Phil Rolf
12-21-2004, 05:53 AM
I am still researching this problem. I have found that the background color has different tones. But what is happening is that in some cases there is NO COLOR what so ever. Once I publish my pages I want to know what to expect from my customers. The pages that have No Color do not look very good at all. The page looses some appeal.

I just had someone fax me the a5w code from their computer which had no background color. I compared it to code on a computer that displayed properly. There is no difference in the code. So the problem appears to be with the browser. Now I need to try and find out what parameters in IE that needs to be changed to have a decent display. Of course changing parameters would be the customers choice. I hope all of this makes sense.

Lenny Forziati
12-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Most all web browsers allow the user to override any colors and fonts defined in the web page itself. It sounds like this is the behaviour you are seeing. In Internet Explorer, the settings are under Tools-"Internet Options.

-Lenny