PDA

View Full Version : Text Area not accepting input

ABC123

Andrew Hastings
12-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a text area that I've set up as an input to a Memo field. I've placed quite a bit of information into the Memo field via the Text Area on the web interface. However, now it will not accept any new text that I enter into the text area. When I click on the "Save New Entry" button the page just refreshes, and it's as if I clicked the cancel button, as the new text has disappeared. I still am able to enter new information via the Alpha 5 v6 form. But I cannot enter new information via the web interface.

Please Help.

Andrew

Selwyn Rabins
12-15-2004, 02:08 PM
are you sure that the 'updateable' property of the textarea is set to .t..

if you look at the xbasic tab in the grid builder, you will see what the generated xbasic has for this control's updateable property. if it is not set to .t. then then that could explain the problem.

the sample web app that ships with a5 has an example of an updateable textarea (see example 1.13 - questionaire)

Andrew Hastings
12-16-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I looked through the xbasic code as suggested and the updateable field was set to .f., however, in the field properties (for the notes) in the "Update Settings" section the "Updateable" check box is checked.

Is there anyway to force the xbasic to have .t. for the updateable field. When I type it in there it just reverts back to .f. after I save it.

Why did this get value change anyway? It must have been true up until a couple of days ago when it stopped working.

Thanks,
Andrew