PDA

View Full Version : "Add"ing a new record don't add!


ABC123

videomuger
12-10-2004, 03:53 PM
I am using the 30 day free trial version. The web components appear very flexible but I have not been able to "add" to my table a new record. I can do an update "save" and I can do a search, but can't "add". Is there a property that needs to be selected or enabled in the property dialog?

videomuger
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
More info...

Also, I tried the example web component in the example "CustomerGrid_wDetailView.a5wcmp" and I was not able to enter a new record here either!!!???

Selwyn Rabins
12-10-2004, 06:14 PM
strange.

i am not having a problem.

the sample web apps are running on alphas server at

http://was.alphasoftware.com/Web_Applications_Demo/default/mainMenu.a5w

i just went there and added a record into example 1.14.
it was added with no problems.

why don't you try adding a record to a table from the above url.

i can assure you that adding records works just fine.

videomuger
12-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Rabin,

I acknowledge that on your webserver, that new records can be added just fine... (I just tried it again...) It is the webserver that is on my local host that is having a problem. Is there a possibility that I installed the server incorrectly... what should I look for in settings?

Hubert

Selwyn Rabins
12-11-2004, 06:08 PM
it is hard to imagine how the server can be installed incorrectly.

are you saying that when you run the same samples on your local machine as you ran on our public server, they don't add records, or are you testing a component that you desgined yourself?

videomuger
12-11-2004, 08:31 PM
1) after going to your webhost and running the sample and being able to search, edit and add(enter) a new record, I was emboldened to try my hand making it work likewise on my localhost. I downloaded... installed... and ran the webserver... then I published the sample and started to play with it... search-"okay... edit-"okay... add-"it did not add the record!!!

2) then I started from scratch. New database-""testing 2.adb"... created a table from scratch "simple.dbf"... added 3 records in table view... created a grid component with search and detail view... published to localhost... viewed in a browser... played with search-"okay... edit-"okay... delete-"okay... add-"again it did not add the new record!!!

I bet the problem is just looking me in the face and I just don't see it... attached are the files that I used. Included are the 3 files I pulled off of the webroot.

I think we are getting very close to the problem...

Thank you,

Hubert Lee