View Full Version : Cannot display "|" in web page

ABC123

Willard
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
When I load a web page this what one of my fields look like

C:\A5Webroot\wwwroot
When I use java to move this value to another text field I get this
C:A5Webrootwwwroot

When looking at the source code of the webpage I notice the slash marks there. They just don't show up after page is loaded the first time. I tried the urlencode and this shows the actual value. Something like this C%5% etc...

I just need to be directed to a direction Jack

Lenny Forziati
12-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Jack, can you give us more specific info on what exactly you are doing and when the backslash disappears? Where exactly dioes the Javascript fit into all of this?

a urlenocded backslash is %5C

-Lenny

Willard
12-08-2004, 11:30 AM
I attached a jpeg that I hope explains the quandry.

I need to retrieve the three web server variables so that an application can properly compile web pages and save them to the proper root directory. If there is no way to do this I can put a calculated field within the Server Tab le located within the database which trasforms all the urlencode() with a urldecode(). Should be easy enough. Jack

Lenny Forziati
12-08-2004, 11:52 AM
If I understand properly, the problem seems to be in your Javascript code that copies the value. If you post your code perhaps someone can help you find the problem. I am far from a Javascript expert but I'll see if I can find a problem with it.

-Lenny

Willard
12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks Lenny here are the particular function written in Javascript:
"Script Language="JavaScript""
"!--
function Personal(){
Update.root1.value=""%a5 ? t.root_file %"";
Update.server1.value=""%a5 ? t.server %"";
Update.server_address.value=""%A5 ? t.web_publishing %"";
}
--"
"/Script"

"%A5 t.close() %"
"/table""br""br""br""br""br"
"br""br""br""br""br""br""br"
"input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="NewValues()"""input type="reset" value="Reset"""input type="button" value="Use Default Settings" onclick="Machine()"""input type="button" value="Use Personal Settings" onclick="Personal()""
"Script Language="JavaScript""
"!--
function Machine(){
Update.root1.value=""%a5 ? (serversetting.document_root) %"";
Update.server1.value=""%a5 ? serversetting.Server_Name %"";
Update.server_address.value="Http://localhost/";
}
--"
"/Script"

Hope this is enough information... Jack