PDA

View Full Version : href--> how to place alpha code

ABC123

Willard
12-05-2004, 01:34 AM
3 things:
can you display a dialog box within a web page?

How do you use a a5 code within a button or href? I can do a javascript,vbscript and html code, however, I have not been able to read a code using xbasic.

How do you disable a src image, do you simply leave it the code blank? I notice that if the image is placed within a form that has an action associated with it, the src does not matter, when the image is clicked the entire page is submitted.

Can you reference a form using the alpha web server?
Can you call a script from a webpage?
will the server interact dynamically with alpha5?
If so how is this done?

(I am stuck in regards to constructing a webpage using xbasic in lew of javascript or vbscript, how do I do this? Well, what I am really stating, I simply want to use a "%a5 code within a href tag which includes an xdialog box)

any feed back would be appreciated Jack

JerryBrightbill
12-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Jack

That is a lot more than 3 questions. I can answer a couple.

An A5w page can access code on the page or in a global aex attached as an addin. It can not access a script or function in a database.

An A5 page acts just like an html page. When you select an action on a page, one of two things normally happen. You can have a client side event using javascript or submit the page and have a server side action using code on the page or code available to the page from the server. The only way an xbasic code on the page runs is by resubmitting the page back to the server.

Jerry

Selwyn Rabins
12-05-2004, 08:17 AM
the xbasic code that you include in your page can NOT display an Xdialog, or invoke any other user interface code.

this is by design.

if you think about it, the reason is obvious.

the web application server is running on a machine that is typically far away from the machine on which the user has his browser that is displaying the html pages generated by the server.

if an xdialog pops up on the server, and if the server displayed it, there would be nobody physically at the server to respond to the dialog, and so the server would just sit there, not responding to any other page request. in other words, the server would appear to be hung.

Willard
12-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Understood.....

burtnco
12-15-2004, 03:57 PM
x="http://www.Alpha Software.com"
"a href=""%a5 ? x %"""Alpha Software"/a"

burtnco
12-15-2004, 04:01 PM
oops! forgot the a5 tags....

"%a5
x="http://www.Alpha Software.com"