PDA

View Full Version : A5W Graphic Paths

ABC123

Phil Rolf
11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
I have created a number of a5w pages that have graphics (JPG's) for the header. On the development computer everything looks good. However, after publishing the graphics are not displayed. I go look at the source and the path to the graphic is for the development computer. I go in change the path in the source to my server location, republish, and everything works fine.

I thought that when you published the a5w and components that V6 should change the path for the graphics to match the server. I even placed the images in the IMAGE portion of the WAS and still the same problem. I would hate to have to modify the source everytime I place a graphic on the a5w page. What do I do to have V6 automatically assign the proper path when published?

Thanks

Selwyn Rabins
11-27-2004, 11:24 AM
where are the graphics? are they in the web project folder? they have to be. if they are, then they will be published correctly.

Phil Rolf
11-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I tried putting them in the web project folder and it still did not change the path when published. The path in the code that was published to the server still designated the drive and path for the developement computer. I had to modify the code on the server to correct the path.

Phil Rolf
11-28-2004, 04:29 AM
Selwyn found the answer to my problem. I was using the WRONG icon on the editor page. I was using the icon that is near the top of the editor screen that just says PICTURE, where I should have been using the icon on the tool bar that says INSERT IMAGE.

I thank Selwyn for his help and patience.