PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution - Pop Up Windows

ABC123

Phil Rolf
11-25-2004, 08:14 AM
I like to work in the 800x600 resolution mode. However some pop up windows exceed the size of the screen and I cannot get to the buttons without a bunch of work.

One example is the Validate and After Validate windows in the Server Events of the properties for the dialog builder.

Is there a parameter somewhere to make the windows smaller? I am unable to move the windows up or down to try and change the size by placing the cursor on the border.

Thanks

Phil Rolf
11-25-2004, 08:27 AM
the button I was referring to in my previous thread was for the X to close the window. I found out I cannot move or adjust the window to get to the buttons on the bottom to save the info. Attached is a JPG of what the screen looks like.

Selwyn Rabins
11-26-2004, 08:49 AM
there is no solution to this problem other than us going through each pop-up window in a5 and adjusting its size so that it will display properly in 800x600.

unfortunately, it is easy for the developers at alpha who typically work at a minimum resolution of 1024 to not realize that a dialog that they have just designed will not display fully on a 800 x 600 screen.

in the next patch, i have changed the particular window so that it will fit in 800x600. this window is a 'sticky' window. that means that a5 remembers if you have resized it. so, you may have to first switch to a higher resolution and then resize the window to the smallest it will go, then switch back to your lower resolution.

Phil Rolf
11-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Totally understand and if my eyesight was better I would be using the higher resolution...

Thanks