PDA

View Full Version : Email from WAS

ABC123

Ray
11-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I have a form with an email address field after they enter their email address I need to emai them a link for my downloads folder, what is the best way to do this?

Ray

JerryBrightbill
11-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Ray

If you are going to email them, you need some method to notify you that they entered something. The easiest is to have them email you. Either that, or have some flag field in the record and periodically check the table for records with the flag.

You could capture the email address when they save, detemine if it is a new entry, and then automatically use the built-in email functions to send an automated message. That would require some xbasic on the page. How you handle that will depend on how you have designed the page for A5 and are capturing the edit. If you are embedding A5 commands on a regular page, then you are probably already using xbasic to capture the edit. If you are using a component, it gets trickier, as you have to capture the change after the component saves it and before the code redirects. It is possible, just not easy.

Jerry

Ray
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Jery,

It will always be a new record with a new email so every time a record is commited I want to send them a link to download a file.

Thank you
Ray