PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder

ABC123

burtnco
11-18-2004, 04:06 AM
Has anyone given any thought about, if God forbid Alpha's mainframe goes down or the company goes belly-up (yikes!), we users of WAS won't be able to start our servers? What happens to the automatic authentication needed if, in 25 years, they're no longer around to authenticate? Hmmmm...

John Hertzler
11-18-2004, 04:58 AM
25 years ago there were TI, Radio Shack, Apple, Commodore PC’s the mass storage device was often a floppy. I can’t imagine what the next 25 years will bring but I don’t think that I need worry about authentication for anything I am using today!

Lenny Forziati
11-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Your Web App Server does not authenticate against us at startup or any other time. Once you have activated your license (a one-time connection to our server), your server will never contact us again.

-Lenny

burtnco
11-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Good to know, Lenny. See, when I start up, the lights on the router show traffic, so I thought that it was the server linking up with your database. Wonder what it actually is, though.

--Burt

Lenny Forziati
11-22-2004, 08:26 AM
By default, Alpha Five will check our server for news and patches upon startup. This has nothing to do with licensing and you can easily turn it off if you'd like from either the News pane of the Welcome screen or in the Alpha Five settings.

-Lenny