PDA

View Full Version : ftp

ABC123

John Haytko
10-31-2004, 04:14 PM
I was not having any trouble until after installing the 2024 patch. I can not publish files to the local webroot regardless if i clear the history or not. Also get the following error during a publish of all files.

error

handler for not defined in a5wcb_createcomptempfile()

The files appear to publish but a quick check of size, date and time confirm the opposite.

Please help.

Thanks

Selwyn Rabins
11-01-2004, 01:20 PM
It looks to me like you are trying to publish a component that has already been published.

I can't repeat the problem.

I looked in the source code for the function a5wcb_CreateCompTempFile(). this function is used internally by a5 when components are published.

basically, when a component is saved in a web project, several properties are saved in the file on disk. the 'xbasic' property is the xbasic code necessary to actually run the component, and there are lots of other properties that are only needed to edit the component in the component builder.

when the component is published, the only property that is needed is the 'xbasic' property.

so, when the component is published, the resulting .a5wcmp file that is copied to the target folder in the webroot is a stripped down version of the .a5wcmp file that is in the web project. this stripped down file only contains a single property - the 'xbasic' property - and as a result it cannot be edited.

it also cannot be 'published' again because the publishing process is looking for a property in the .a5wcmp file called 'componentType' (which it will not find). hence the error message.

however, it makes no sense to publish an already published component. this is not something that got 'broken' in a recent build - it has always been the case.

John Haytko
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Mr Rabins,
Thank you for your reply. I do not understand much of what you wrote but I still have the problem that I can not publish my files. What should I do? If I understand correctly much of the component code does not publish. I am making changes such as adding a field from the table. These changes do not propogate through. I can not publish the changed file. Really don't know what to do.

John

Selwyn Rabins
11-02-2004, 04:24 AM
can you send me your database and I will see if i can figure it out.

form the a5 control panel, select the tools/send databsase command.

at this dialog, check the button to include web project files.

John Haytko
11-02-2004, 01:56 PM
I have discovered that the publish somehow changed from the initial directory to the root of the web directory. So it looks like the publish is still working. I have redirected it to the directory I want. However when I attempt to publish "all files" I still receive the error I spoke of. I also noted that one file; ComponentParts.History has an older date of approx the date where I first started experiencing the error. If you still need to see the database I can send it.

Thanks