PDA

View Full Version : Server event for child grid in grid linker page

ABC123

Peter.Wayne
10-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Hello. Is there any way to program a server-side event for the child table/form in a grid-linker web page?
For dialog components, I know there is an AfterValidate event specified. I am looking for an equivalent for the child grid in a gridlinker web page. I can set the target page for the component but I can't pass variables to the target this way. I want to pass variables from the form to the target every time the "Submit" button is pressed on the child grid.
An example would be an invoice header-invoice items form, in which the invoice header's total balance is updated automatically every time an item is added to the child grid. The example in the samples does not do that (there is a total for the child grid, but no action taken on the parent table.)
Thanks for any suggestions.
- Peter

JerryBrightbill
10-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Peter

I don't think server side scripting is active for grid components. However, you can use a link field to open another target page and pass variables in the url. I have a couple grids that work as lookups and actually pass a calculated field value as part of the url. You can even set the link to reopen the same page. In effect, that is what happens for a search component. You might also be able to test for the submit button being pushed in a5 code on the page that holds the component and then react to that.

Jerry