PDA

View Full Version : PASSWORD PROTECTION

ABC123

Rich Hartnett
09-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know of an easy way to require viewers to enter a password before gaining access to an A5 v6 WAS Database?

Thanks,
Rich Hartnett

Lenny Forziati
09-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Rich, take a look at the web applications demo database that is included with Alpha Five. It includes this functionality along with notes on how to implement it. Here is an online version: http://was.alphasoftware.com/web_applications_demo/default/

Rich Hartnett
09-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help Lenny, but I gotta tell ya, for those of us who are not well versed in html, the page that explains the login section is very confusing. Here is the html code of my simple database page. Could you tell me what or how to place the proper code in this exisitng page of code?

"head"

"%a5
Delete tmpl_Dept
DIM tmpl_Dept as P
tmpl_Dept = a5w_load_component("Dept")
'Following code allows you to override settings in the saved component, and specify the component alias (componentName property).
'Tip: Keep the componentName property short because this name is used in page URLs, and it will help keep the URLs short.
'Each component on a page must have a unique alias (componentName property).
with tmpl_Dept
componentName = "Dept"
end with
'=======================================compute the HTML for the Component=======================================
delete x_Dept
dim x_Dept as p
tmpl_Dept.request = request
tmpl_Dept.session = session
tmpl_Dept.response = response
tmpl_Dept.serversetting = serversetting
x_Dept = a5w_run_Component(tmpl_Dept)
'=============================================================================================================
if x_Dept.RedirectURL "" "" then
response.redirect(x_Dept.redirectURL)
end
end if
?x_Dept.Output.Head

Thanks,
Rich Hartnett