PDA

View Full Version : WAS can't find a dbf table

ABC123

Steve Wood
09-23-2004, 05:30 PM
On a previously working system, one of my Grid/A5W pages cannot find its database table. The table dbf file is physically present where it should be and other Grids based on other dbf files work fine. If I create a NEW Grid and A5W page, I have exactly the same result.

If I publish to localhost, the data displays fine. If I publish to the server, I get the Grid, but no data. The message on the browser is:

Error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified. ...atsserver\tracking.dbf

Background - I had accidently dropped this table from the database. I added it back in from a backup using Add Table/Set. On reviewing its current properties, I see that it shows itself located in the proper place, same as the rest of the tables.

Selwyn Rabins
09-23-2004, 06:02 PM
here is how you can track down the problem.

1. open any database and create the following UDF

function a5_ShowComponentXBasic as c (fn as c )
if file.exists(fn) = .f. then
ui_msg_box("Error","Component not found")
exit function
end if
dim b as b
b = file.to_blob(fn)
dim p as p
property_from_blob(p,b)
a5_show_variable(p.xbasic)
end function

2. from the interactive window, type

fn = "C:\A5Webroot\Web_Applications_Demo\Default\CustomerForm1.a5wcmp"

a5_ShowComponentXBasic(fn)

of course, in your case you would type the filename of the .a5wcmp file on your server.

what does the resulting xbasic look like.
in particular, what is the value for the

'tmpl.DBF.table_name' property?

if should be a fully qualified filename that is valid on your server. if the filename has square brackets in it (these are alias names), then you have not define the alias value for this alias in the profile that you used to publish to the server.

Steve Wood
09-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Sorry, I get this in interactive after creating the function:

fn = "S:\A5Webroot\tracking.a5wcmp"

a5_ShowComponentXBasic(fn)
ERROR: Function is not recognized

Steve Wood
09-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Selwyn;

I'll probably figure it out. It is related to the Alias setting. You introduced alias's since I created this web app. The Xbasic for existing tmpl.DBF.table_name values are explicit ("s:\mydata\filename") any new ones are use the variable PathAlias.ADB_Path.

Selwyn Rabins
09-23-2004, 07:36 PM
the only way you can get that is if the function defintion was not entered properly.

Steve Wood
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Cut-n-paste...