PDA

View Full Version : Accessing WAS on LAN Stations

ABC123

Rich Hartnett
09-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I have my WAS up and running and it works great. Unfortunately none of the LAN stations connected to the server which hosts the WAS can access it via the internet.

I assume this has something to do with a "feedback loop" of some sort since the LANs have to get their internet connection through the same hub/router that the server is connected to.

I wonder if anyone else has dealt with this issue and knows of a "work around?"

Selwyn Rabins
09-12-2004, 06:02 PM
if your workstations and the server are all on the same network, then the workstations don't need to go over the internet to see the server.

the reason that the workstations are not seeing the server is that you may not yet have entered your license number for the server, and have not yet activated it.

Rich Hartnett
09-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Selwyn,

The WAS is active and works fine. Is there another license number that has to be activated for the LAN stations to see the the server?

Steve Wood
09-12-2004, 10:08 PM
"Inside" your LAN, you need to access your WAS using the server name. If you try to access it in the same manner as you would from the outside, you will just get your router. You could also use the internal IP address of the server.

My WAS is support.attorneystrust.com/index.a5w from the outside, but //myservername/index.a5w from inside the LAN.

So, inside the LAN, your website is //myservername/projectpath. Where projectpath are any subdirectory(s) off of the server's C:\A5Webroot (assuming you left this as the default).

Rich Hartnett
09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
You were right, I just substituted the server name for the public IP address and it works like a champ!

Thanks Steve and Selwyn.