PDA

View Full Version : Error with no error message

ABC123

Howard G. Cornett
09-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I have a table that when I attempt to do a live preview of it, either within the browser or on the live preview tab, it makes the error sound and never loads (I never get any error message). I can close the browser but A5 freezes and I have to force a shutdown. It seems to be something about this table as I have another table that works just fine. I would attach a sample but it is just over 1 megabyte (1.5). If you would like a look at the sample, I would be happy to email it to you and grateful to any help you can be. I'm stumped.

Howard

Selwyn Rabins
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
try this.

create a new table with a subset of the records in the problem table.

to do this use the copy Operation, and copy a range of records to a new table. if the problem table has 100,000 records, then copy record 1 to 50,000 to the new table. then try to create a component on this subset.

if this works, then create a new table with records 50,001 to 100,000, and try that.

try to isolate if there is a corrupt record in the table.

Howard G. Cornett
09-13-2004, 08:01 AM
I tried a variation of what you described. I made a backup copy of the table, then proceeded to delete and pack half the records at a time. The problem continued to occur all the way up to having ZERO records in the table. Any idea what is going on?

Howard

Howard G. Cornett
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
And now I just copied the problem table to a new table, deleted the problem table, and renamed the new table to the name of the deleted problem table and all is well! Thanks.

Howard