PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Five Success

ABC123

seidel1
08-19-2004, 07:35 PM
After a fair amount of plying around with the new WAS interface, I have finally migrated our previous A5V5 application completely over to the web. This new version is truly inspiring. Outstanding Job Alpha Guys!

Cheryl Lemire
08-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I would sure love to see it????? Can I? Can I? LOL

Keith Hubert
08-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Jim,

Can we log on the the site and see this great piece of work. I am sure it will be an inspiration to other developers, me for one.

Regards

Keith Hubert

Guild Member
London.

seidel1
08-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately, I can't open it up to public access. Sorry

Phil Rolf
08-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Is there anyone out there that has a V6 site up and running for the interested to look at?

Thanks

CALocklin
08-24-2004, 07:32 AM
I have a work in progress that is currently just a login screen and one order form. These were not built with the genies but they are rather complex. It won't be up for long but I'll try to keep it running until mid-afternoon (EDT) today.

This IP should work: 24.247.82.93:81

See the big, bold, red text for the login number and password.

If you use it, please add an order with your name, or other unique identifier, in the "Cross Street" box just so I can get an idea of how many people tried it out.

If you find problems, please send me an e-mail.

Cal Locklin

CALocklin@chartermi.net

www.aimsdc.net

Cheryl Lemire
08-24-2004, 08:13 AM
After clicking the final order submission I was sent to a page not found. Otherwise looks good.

Phil Rolf
08-24-2004, 08:34 AM
I had no problems....
Looking good...

Dan Blank
08-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Nice job. Looks good and worked fine.

Thanks for sharing this.

Dan

Daryl Grace
08-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Looks good!

Thanks for sharing

Daryl

CALocklin
08-24-2004, 04:45 PM
I'll be leaving this up until about midnight EDT today. If anyone wants to see it later, send me an e-mail and I'll start it up.

Cal Locklin
CALocklin@chartermi.net
www.aimsdc.net

Phil Rolf
08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Cal,
Have you had many people look at the sight?

CALocklin
08-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Not a whole lot. There are six new records. I have no way to know if there were others.

FWIW:

The company name, address, etc.; the login info; and most of the drop-downs in the order form are populated based on field values. This allows each user of the application to "customize" it for their specific business by just uploading their data. This way I don't have to re-write the app for each user. (Note: "User" in this case refers to a company that is using this application to take orders It does not refer to the people placing orders.)

Even some of the fields in the order form will disappear depending on the options the user selects. For example, if the user has selected "No Confirmations", then the Confirmation Type field would not appear on the order form.

Lenny Forziati
08-24-2004, 08:10 PM
"i"I have no way to know if there were others."/i"

Actually Cal, if you have logging turned on in the Web App Server, you can tell just how many visited your site. Just look for the unique session ids in the access log.

-Lenny

CALocklin
08-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Thanks Lenny. Based on session keys it looks like there were 30 viewers. At least one of those was a current user of the desktop part of this app that is anxious for me to get the on-line version running.

And, shortly after I fired it up this morning, someone else logged in.

Cheryl Lemire
08-25-2004, 07:11 AM
""was a current user of the desktop part of this app that is anxious for me to get the on-line version running""

So did you tell that user to get crackin and help you with your code so it would be running faster? hehehehe

CALocklin
08-25-2004, 08:06 AM
No - BUT I told him to quit asking for so many little updates and new features for the desktop version!

Gregory R. Zilliox
08-30-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm actually using one a couple in production. We have already received great reviews from our customers.
When you fax a medical claim into us via our Rightfax server it faxes back a autoreply with a tracking ID. I use WAS to find the SQL record that is created and give you a status of your FSA Claim.
You can also use your SSN number and it will give a list of your manually sent in claims.
try it.
http://www.padmin.com:2100/fpv/FpvQuery.a5w

use this Fax ID: FPV413350AA198C

Richard Rabins
08-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Greg would you be willing to describe this app in a newsletter article
regards
richard

Gregory R. Zilliox
09-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Sure. Let me know.
Greg