PDA

View Full Version : yet more questions

ABC123

davidv43
08-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I don't seem to be able to bring up the web buttons genie anywhere. As with many things in the web documentation, it is unclear how to bring up the item in question .... web button genie, XPM painter, etc. Am I just overlooking something in the documentation or just struggling because i don't know HTML?

JerryBrightbill
08-11-2004, 03:55 AM
David

There are a couple place where you can access buttons. In the HTML editor, you can add buttons when in WYSIWYG mode. In the component builder, you can select Advanced Button form the grip builder, which may be what you are looking for.

Jerry

davidv43
08-11-2004, 05:48 AM
I see how to make a button, but there doesn't seem to be any genie to make the button design or any way to evoke the "web button genie" which the help files suggest.

I guess, I'll just have to learn HTML, though it's all I can do to become comfortable with XBasic :(

dave

Jeannette Cook
08-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Gentlemen:

I hope to be more help here than not...but you may want to take at peek in Alpha's Learning Center, under Web Publishing, there are pages that outline BOTH the Webform Button Genie and the XPM Painter.

I learn lots, and have been able to navigate around v6 for lots of "stuff" just by following what Ed Larabee outlines in this very informative section of the site (we hope to highlight it more in the future.)

The direct URL is below (it will of course wrap to 2 lines.)

http://support.alphasoftware.com/alphafivehelp/Web_Publishing/Webform_Button_Template_Builder.htm

To get here, I went to Alpha's home page, Learning Center Tab, Web Help, Web Publishing, Webform Button Genie

-Jeannette
Alpha Softare Customer Service

davidv43
08-11-2004, 01:58 PM
I saw this help page, but it doesn't say how to access the button genie, just that one exists.

JerryBrightbill
08-11-2004, 04:39 PM
David

It isn't easy to find, but it does exist. To get to it, do the following

1. Open the web component builder
2. Select any component and select "edit"
3. Scroll down to properties.
4. Click the button "Edit Style" beside the style selection box
5. In the webform style builder, select the "Style Images" tab
6. At the top right, you will find the button for the "Webform Button Genie"

I found it once by accident, but it took me a number of tries to find it again.

Jerry

davidv43
08-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks! IMHO, the interface needs some work to make it consistent and to put tools where they would be expected by the user.

dave

Edward Larrabee
08-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Take a look at Webform Button Template Builder.