PDA

View Full Version : tab container?

ABC123

davidv43
08-10-2004, 10:31 AM
In the OnLine Help, a "Tab Container" is mentioned as an option on the Web Components Builder. Is that still in the works?

Also, I can't figure out how to get the WebForms Builder or Style Editor to pop up. How do I access those functions?

Thanks

dave

René Stout
08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Dave,

the Style editor: open a Web Component.
Go to Grid Properties
On top of the page you see the style. Press the button next to it.
Is this what you are looking for?

René

davidv43
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
No, I was hoping to be able to use something like this when designing plain HTML pages to set the background, type etc on a page without a web component.

René Stout
08-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Dave,

the Web Forms Builder.

I think you mean this:
Open the Web Projects Control Panel.
Press New
Select Alpha five Web Page or HTML Page
In upperpart of the screen you'll find form builder buttons.

René

René Stout
08-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Dave,

Selwyn told me that the Tab container feature is still to come.
The Help files are a little bit ahead :-)

René

davidv43
08-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Actually, I'm looking for a way to match my web pages to the style which I select for web components. In order words, a page with static HTML without any components should look the same as a page with a component. If I knew how to program using HTML, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I don't.

JerryBrightbill
08-10-2004, 03:06 PM
David

Unfortunately, you will probably have to learn some html. The component builders and the html editor do a great job and shorten development time considerably, but you still need to work with some of the source code. You should also learn about using css style sheets. You can use the Alpha css files on other pages and attach the various styles to nearly any object. This can produce a page that looks similar to the components.

There are many books on html and xhtml, as well as a huge amount of information on the internet. Here is a link that is a good place to start (thanks Lenny)

http://www.w3schools.com/

Jerry

Edward Larrabee
08-12-2004, 06:53 AM
The latest help files are now documenting fewer unreleased features.

RJGowan
08-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks Jerry (and Lenny)
Great site !!