PDA

View Full Version : Web-based calendar app

ABC123

davidv43
08-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Does anyone have experience using A5 for a web-based calendar? I need to put a calendar of lectures on the web for students. The ideal format would be a monthly calendar where students could click on a lecture and bring up a detail screen with further info on that lecture.

Secondly, much of my web site is static HTML. It would be very convenient to use the same web sytles and templates as the web components use on a plain HTML page. Is this possible? I don't see how to do it.

Thank you!

JerryBrightbill
08-10-2004, 02:55 PM
David

I have been working on a calendar component for WAS that produces both a monthly and yearly calendar. While it is working and uses the built in style sheets, it is far from ready for distribution.

The current design does allow clicking on a link to open another page. However, you would still need some method to populate the table with the lecture list and create the detail page. The detail page would be easy with the component builder. At some point, I will make the calendars available, but I am immersed in other related projects. One of those projects is a lecture scheduler. If you want more information, email me directly.

Jerry