PDA

View Full Version : Search

ABC123

Bill@TrackerSystems.com
08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I have a web component with a search part. I can enter new records into the table. The search brings me nothing. Should the serach results display in the form that I use to enter the data or do I need a separate component to show search results?

Bill Belanger

Selwyn Rabins
08-03-2004, 05:38 PM
i don't really understand your question.

the search should display the found records in the grid.

what field are you searching on?
is the grid going against a .dbf or ado data source
what did you enter as your search criteria?

if you use the demo app and run a search, does that work for you?

Bill@TrackerSystems.com
08-03-2004, 05:50 PM
I made a new database using the customers genie with sample data. Then I fired up the web panel and made a new a5w page. I then made a web component with a search part. I told it to use the table and had 1 search field, last name. I am able to add records to the table, but when I try the search even on a name I just entered, I get no result. If I setit to not display the search part unless I click on "Click here to search" after i enter the last name and click search, the part goes away again with no results. I've examined each dialog in the build of the web component and can't figure out why I can do a search. It's very simple procedure so I guess I'll just try it again. It seems like the defaults should work just fine. The only thing I cahnged was the display of all the records when you bring up the form. I only want to see one "form" on the page. Could I be supressing the records? Must be. I'll keep trying.

Bill

Selwyn Rabins
08-04-2004, 05:37 AM
i don't know why it is not working for you.

i would start with one of the working samples in the web app demo and confirm that it is working. then investigate how your component differs from the working one.