PDA

View Full Version : Deploying WAS/Data files location

ABC123

Howard G. Cornett
07-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Ok, here is my situation. I have developed an application in v6 that uses the WAS. I have the database itself in my My Documents folder buried quite deeply. When I published all the files to the A5Webroot directory, it seems to have locked in this data location. I tried moving the datafiles and republishing, but that appears not to work. How do I go directly to where this data path is stored and change it manually?

I developed with the data in the folder c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\... and I now have the data in c:\team. How do I tell my A5Webroot files (a5w files) that my data is now at c:\team?

Howard

Cheryl Lemire
07-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi Howard,

When you say you have moved your files to a5webroot, which files are you referring to? The database tables, etc and/or a5w pages that you created?

As far as A5 knowing how to locate the files you can start this way ... if you want to open the database files themselves in Alpha, simply open Alpha, open database and locate the database from the new location.

If you are trying to access the a5w pages you will need to look at the code that is accessing the database files. Perhaps you can zip the a5w pages if this is where you need help and we can take a glance at the code to assist you more directly.

Good luck
Cheryl

Howard G. Cornett
07-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Cheryl,

Your post about looking at the code made me look again to see if I could find the setting myself. Sure enough, there it was in the web component in the code tab. Thanks for the push!

Howard

Cheryl Lemire
07-30-2004, 12:47 PM
LOL I am a great pusher

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/images/icons/icon_twisted.gif

Cheryl Lemire
07-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Much better LOL