PDA

View Full Version : Serving Desktop Reports to my Clients

ABC123

David Priest
07-29-2004, 04:20 AM
I would like one of my web clients to be able to printout one of my desktop reports. So for example, using the Web Components Demo program, if I select 9th item, "OrderHeader and InvoiceItems Grids linked in a Master-Detail Relationship" from the MainMenu. After searching for a specific Invoice, how would I enable my client to be able to Print that specific "Invoice" report. I am of course talking about the Invoice report supplied with the demo.
I suspect that this will involve placing a button with A5w code onto the Orders_wItems.a5w page. I would greatly appreciate some assistance in what is involved. I expect that there are many other users who would like to be able to send existing Desktop Forms, Reports, and Letters to clients. Even better would be example A5w pages attached. All help appreciated
David

Lenny Forziati
07-29-2004, 04:43 AM
David, the 7th sample, "InvoiceHead Grid - Tabular layout based on a view" has a link to print the invoice in the grid. That page uses the OrderHeader grid and the notes on th page give you an overview of how it works.

-Lenny

David Priest
07-29-2004, 05:33 AM
OOps, missed that one, Thanks Lenny