PDA

View Full Version : Configuring a USB Printer HP 656C

ABC123

Ken Fleming
07-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Just got a new HP 656C and cannot seem to get Alpha 4 V7 to configure it. I erased the old hp722 but it still comes up as the only choice for a printer. It is installed and working properly in windows. Any help will be much appreciated.

Ken

Randy Stewart
07-22-2002, 01:24 PM
my first question is "are you using the windows print driver in Alpha Four V7?", if not try configuring that way.... and by the way make the name of the printer a standard like "HP656C" so there are no spaces to confuse the A4V7 program.

Ken Fleming
07-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Yes, I am using the Windows Print Driver. I removed the 722C but every time I go to put the new one in the OLD one keeps comming UP EVERYTIME & give me NO other choices. HOW Do I get rid if that and install the NEW one.

KEN

Randy Stewart
07-23-2002, 12:00 PM
First, remove the printer setup in alpha4 v7 then go remove the print driver in Windows, reboot the computer.
Windows should reinstall the print driver for you when you reboot, but make sure the printer name in windows is hp656c not the "HP 656c" the spaces seem to mess with winagents ability to see the printer right. Now go back to Alpha Four V7 and install a windows based printer and select the the hp656c and it should work... but BIG NOTE: if you are in Alpha Four V7 and install a different driver Alpha Four V7 will not see the new printer in the choices.

Ken Fleming
07-24-2002, 07:35 PM
I tried your way but had to REMOVE Alpha for the other way did not work. Did a REinstall the restored the backup. It works now. Thanks

Ken