PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Printing Avery Labels w/A4V7

ABC123

JOHN McDONALD
04-11-2002, 07:57 AM
I was using A4 V3 and had to upgrade to V7 in order to get new drivers for new printers. We print on Avery 5160 labels and although the program recognizes our printers Lexmark E210 LAser and Epson Stylus C80 the labels will not print out correctly no matter how we change the parameters.
Tried selecting the exact label format (5160) and also tried to change some label parameter settings but no matter what I do it just keeps printing the same way and the print does not even come close to lining up on the right label size.
This is the only thing we use Alpha for and have for ten years now to print about 4000 labels a month.
Can anyone suggest something I might be doing wrong and get me in the right direction.
It seems as though the printers are recognized but they are not accepting the code correctly or something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

Tom Cone Jr
04-12-2002, 06:34 AM
Try defining the printer as a standard windows printer, and specify 18 as the cpi for compressed. Then print the labels using the standard windows printer you just defined, and specify compressed print at print time. -- tom cone