PDA

View Full Version : Version 7 bugs

ABC123

Allen Palmer
11-16-2001, 03:26 AM
I received my copy of Version 7 yesterday. It leaves me with mixed emotions.

The installation glitch permitting the installation of windows printers into the Alpha program had a couple of very simple fixes and was really a non problem.

I bought the program so that my existing applications would run under Windows 2000 when I build my next system without data corruption and might eliminate the crashes that I run into occasionally when running under Windows 98 SE. I haven't used Version 7 enough to learn if this problem has been cured but early indications show improvement.

However, I did not expect the failure of the blinking colors that I place on certain fields on my forms to draw the eye to certain possible data errors or problems. I do hope there will be a simple patch to correct this new bug.

Al Palmer

Selwyn Rabins
11-16-2001, 09:04 AM
This bug is only apparent on Win 98/95/ME.

Blinking works fine on Win NT/2000/XP.

We are looking into why it is not working on 98/95/ME, but it sure is strange because we never went near that section of the code.

admin@dcitelecom.com
11-19-2001, 05:54 AM
Actually it does not work in windows 2000 either. It never did. Not even version 6.

Sincerely,
Jack.

Jonvesi
11-30-2001, 03:36 AM
Jack

Your write on the money.
I could never get Alpha v.6 or v.7 blinking colors, in win 98, 98SE nor Win2000.

Tried various monitors to, among them, Samsung PRO series,
viewsonic, and LCD flat panels.

Also notice with v.7, I cannot change the custom colors, at
all.

John :-|

Jonvesi
11-30-2001, 03:37 AM
Oops "Right on the Money" Sorry for the typo

Selwyn Rabins
11-30-2001, 03:49 AM
I am sorry, but I just do not agree with you at all.

Blinking works fine in V7 on win2k/nt/xp and in V6 on all operating systems. so does changing system colors.

We have tested it on an extensive array of test machines here at Alpha.

Blinking however, will only work in Full screen mode.

Windows does not support the Blink attribute for DOS programs when running in a window. This is not an Alpha Four limitation.

rcbobsmith
11-30-2001, 11:08 AM
Have to agree Blinking works fine v6 on all platforms except XP, However V7 on XP has some color problems besides the blinking, I believe it is due to the way XP handles screen colors, they are different. Some of the color combinations due not work at all, so we just don't use them.Thank you for the new product I could care less if it was monocrome as long as it works on 2000 and xp

Jonvesi
12-29-2001, 05:11 AM
Selwyn
Again your'e correct. Blinking works in full screen mode, but I don't ever use full screen mode when running A4 on a
windows machine. I have 2 LCD monitors 15 & 17 inch.
The A4 program looks better in a window on both monitors, than in fullscreen mode. ( richer color ? ).
Now if I could just change those costum colors :-(
(windows 2000pro, ATI video )

Thanks