PDA

View Full Version : Information for Newbie Desginers

ABC123

Keith Bucknall
10-23-2003, 02:25 PM
Dear All,

I am looking to purchase Alpha Five to start learning and developing small databases for my company i run from home - www.promo-it.co.uk

Is there any User Groups / Training Groups / News Groups for UK users apart from here???

What recomendations would experienced UK Alpha delevlopers give for a new starter?

Is there anyone else out in the same position as me!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

helen spendlove
10-24-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi Keith,
Im in Basically the same position as you in that im new to designing with alpha 5, Our company has purchased this database and i have to say even for a 'newbie' its easy to use although scripts still leave one a little baffled at times ,Well hope your having as much success with the program as i am

best wishes

Keith Bucknall
10-24-2003, 09:24 AM
Helen

Hi there and thanks for the email - glad to see i am not the only one, i have not purchased it yet but i intend to if i can find somewhere that does training and get a spare 10hrs to sit down and look at it...

What are you trying to develop

keith

John Lockett
11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi Keith
I'm new to this list.
I tried out Alpha 5 V 4 and with very little difficulty developed an application for a dog club to manage the trophies awarded at three dog shows per year. The app tracks winning dogs, their owners' information and details of the trophies. It prints out hard copy sheets for exhibitors to sign for the cups that they have won and sends out letters requesting the return of the cups detailing the cups they have. It also prints out diplomas for the winners to keep. I found this so good to use to develop applications that I have purchased V5 plus Runtime.

davej
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
If you scroll down the list of forums, you will see 'UK Users' which seems to be a self-supported UK users group.

Dave

davej
11-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Ignore - I forgot which forum I was on!! I promise to mind my own business from now on.

Dave