PDA

View Full Version : Barcode printers

ABC123

Ciaran
05-06-2003, 04:54 AM
Greetings UK users,

Does anyone happen to know a source for cheap barcode printers in the UK? I've just finished an application for a car accessories shop and it supports the reading of barcodes via a keyboard wedge, but for the products that do not have a barcode, the owner would like to print his own labels. I've tracked down a few printers but the prices are a bit steep for a small business just starting out.

We have a solution today, we print the product id, description and barcode on A4 and laminate it and keep it by the cash desk, but the number of pages is starting to grow out of control. A printer would finish this application off nicely.

Ciaran

Steve Sawyer
06-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Hi

A reasonable quality laser printer should be good enough to print bar code labels. Or an inkjet would do the job too.

Steve Sawyer
Abacus Service & Systems

Sherlock_Condos
03-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi,

We use the Dymo LabelWriter Turbo.

This is a thermal roll printer which comes with Bar Code software. These are ideal for one-off or long print runs.

It is also ideal for use with SmartStamp, Royal Mails web based stamp printing service, (label sizes for printing with logo's is not supported with this model yet).

Also the Zebra Thermal Printers are worth considering.

TimeLord
11-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I use an Epson Aculaser, although the Epson Inkjet will do the job just as well.

Terry