PDA

View Full Version : Dose any one else use this board?

ABC123

John Keogh
08-13-2002, 02:15 AM
The subject line says it all

If we do not use it we will lose it

Please contact me if you see this

Surely we have something to discuss in the UK.

Regards

John Keogh

Steven Mason
08-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Hi,

Saw your message so guess that proves the point. Not sure there is likely to be much of any real technical value on this Board unless it's UK related but that's no reason to dump it. I wonder just how many UK users there are out there?

Steve Mason

John Keogh
08-13-2002, 06:00 AM
Hi Steve

Are you UK based

John

Lenny Forziati
08-13-2002, 07:08 AM
Don't worry, you guys won't loose it if you don't use it. Since this board was set up as more of a casual meeting place than a place for technical questions, we suspected the traffic on it may not be that high. It's not really any extra work for us to keep it so we won't take it away.

-Lenny

John Keogh
08-13-2002, 07:17 AM
Thats good to know

John

Keith Hubert
08-13-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks Lenny!! Thats good to know.

Do you know how many Alpha users there are in the UK?

Keith Hubert
London

Lenny Forziati
08-13-2002, 11:43 AM
I don't know, I don't have access to our customer list. Perhaps Richard can give you a rough idea of the number. He's on vacation until 8/19 but I'll try to remember to ask him when he returns.

-Lenny

jensharloff
08-20-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi John,

How about renaming to European users ;)

I'm a Swedish user and it looks like I'm the only one in Sweden using A5, so where do I go ?

Cheers
Jens

John Keogh
08-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Hello Jens

That thought occurred to me, however, I do not own Alpha 5
so it’s not really up to me.

Do you know if Alpha is widely used in Europe? I've spotted a few European users on the main message board?

What version are you using and how long have you been an A5 enthusiast or are you a professional user perhaps?

Regards

John (Scotland)

Steven Mason
08-20-2002, 05:54 AM
Yes, I am based in South London

Steve Mason

jensharloff
08-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Hi John,

I think in Europe, UK is the country where you'd find most Alpha users. I've ran into a few users from Germany and Spain but it seems to be quite rare in those areas.

I ran into som bugs in Alpha that are country related and I think there's still some issues to solve with the A5 until it's completely compatible with different local environments.

I've been using Alpha since ver 4.5 and I think the software has a great potential and is fun to work with. However, due to the above, it has been very limited how much I've been working with coverting my access databases
to A5. I've done it for one client and it has been terrible frustrating due to A5's incompatible settings for our Swedish Windows OP settings. The latest version 5 wich I've also upgraded to, still have some issues but hopefully it will be solved.

Anyway, I think those guys at Alpha are on to something and I'm quite sure, that one day, the software will be more widely spread as long as it's in Alphas intrest to do so.

Cheers
Jens

John Keogh
08-21-2002, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback

John (Scotland)

G Smith
08-24-2002, 09:46 AM
I suspect there are many lurkers here. If you post an interesting enough message, you may be inundated with comments ;-)

John Keogh
08-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Fair point

But interesting questions tend to be tecki and this board is not that.

I am only interested in what the UK use is for my own reasons

By the way are you UK or not.
Regards

John

Richard Rabins
08-27-2002, 02:04 AM
Based on sales in the UK, we have sold about 50000 copies of alpha four and alpha five in the uk

thanks