PDA

View Full Version : post codes

ABC123

John Keogh
05-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Hello all

Is anyone interested in post codes?

I have been gathering post codes for my client area and can also produce other areas on request.

Just let me know what area you require and I will retrieve them from my master data base.

Andy Dibble
12-31-2002, 02:15 AM
Hi John,

I am interested in UK Post codes! Do you have access to the whole UK Post Code records?

I am interested in adding a UK post code table to my own APR but do not know where to start.

I am trying to to get my apr to a level where a user would just enter the PC and door number to complete an address section of their data imput.

Comments/Suggetions appreciated.
Andy

Andy Dibble
12-31-2002, 02:15 AM
Hi John,

I am interested in UK Post codes! Do you have access to the whole UK Post Code records?

I am interested in adding a UK post code table to my own APR but do not know where to start.

I am trying to to get my apr to a level where a user would just enter the PC and door number to complete an address section of their data imput.

Comments/Suggetions appreciated.
Andy

John Keogh
12-31-2002, 03:50 AM
Hello Andy

I have the entire UK PAF.

I supply it free to my customers, usually only the main areas that they are using based on their business area

There are 1.9 million post codes are you interested in them all.

John

John Keogh
12-31-2002, 04:08 AM
Andy

When you say you don't know where to start, what stage is your app at or is it you don't know where to start gathering the post codes.

John

Andy Dibble
12-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi John,

I am from Cardiff, Wales working away overseas and I am developing a Alpha APR that has access to UK Post codes, as explained in previous message.

My direct email is >

I am interested in the 1.9 Post Codes's - shall we start up a line of direct communication through e-mail to discuss further?

Regards
Andy

Andy Dibble
12-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Hi john (Again),

I was mean to say - don't know how to obtain a full copy of the UK post codes. I have an APR which is already in use but the UK addresses are completed manually. If I can reduce the input to a Post Code and a door number through a linked table that would be fantastic.

Does your Post Code information include the complete address? How is your table compiled?

Regards
Andy

Pete119j
01-02-2003, 04:34 AM
Hi John

I would be interested in all the post codes for the East Midland & Midland areas if possible?

Thanks

Pete

John Keogh
01-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Hello Pete

It helps if you give me main towns to extract the data from e.g. Sheffield or the outgoing part of the post codes you are after e.g. S = Sheffield or NG = Nottinghamshire and so on

Regards

John

Pete119j
01-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi John

The main two are LE & CV (Leicester & Coventry).

Also B, DE, NG & NN (Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham & Northampton) would be useful if its not to much trouble.

Regards,

Pete

John Keogh
01-09-2003, 06:02 AM
To all who have contacted me about post codes recently either by the message board or by emails?

I have been a bit over whelmed with emails to me about post codes I will forward all post codes as soon as possible

John

Richard Vincent
01-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Andy,

Take a look at AFD postcode.

I use thier postcode software. Its 'robot' feature detects that you have typed a postcode, looks up the address, and places the data in the correct fields.

Richard

Andy Dibble
03-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi John,
Are you now in a position to supply the PC's?
Regards
Andy

Paul Kendall
03-23-2005, 05:03 AM
Hello John,

Are you still providing Post codes for Alpha 5, if so I would really appreciate having Post code for the East Anglia region so that I can add them to my invoice database.

The codes I would like is for Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.

Best Regards

Paul Kendall

Martin
06-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Did anyone actually get any post codes? As John hasn't posted to this forum since January 2003, it seems unlikely that he's still around.

Paul Kendall
06-23-2005, 10:10 AM
No I didn't get anything from him.