PDA

View Full Version : Printer Configuration File

ABC123

davej
09-11-2000, 01:02 PM
Somehow, somewhere, my Alpha 4 V6 lost the file that the printer configuration files are built from. I have my original A4V6 3.5" diskettes. Does anyone know which file I need to install so that I can (re)build printer configuration files?
I know that the various printer configuration files are named A4.pn*, but what my system lost is the printer selection file on which the printer configurations are based.

I sure would appreciate a hint or two.

Dave Jampole

tcampb
09-11-2000, 07:02 PM
Just a guess, based on appendix 2: Alpha Four filenames:
a4.PNx is printer driver file/s and *.PS are postscript printer files.
I think the file you are looking for is cprinter.dat.
Hope this helps
Tom C

davej
09-12-2000, 05:31 AM
Tom,

I appreciate the suggestion, but the A4.PNx file is the selected printer file. My problem is the list from which the specific printers are selected is scrambled. That's that one I need to find so that I can reinstall it.

Dave Jampole

russ Boehle
09-14-2000, 07:11 PM
try Printer.dta

French
09-18-2000, 05:53 AM
Folks looking for help configuring printers for use with A4 might want to check this site:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/pverboom/

There was a message left in the A5V4 forum about this from someone who said folks in the A4 forum aren't very responsive. You aren't going to stand for that, are you?

rick blanka
09-24-2000, 01:20 AM
It would have been helpful to get your error message. Alpha4 needs where the A4.exe resides the printer files and a Printer.dta file. This *.dta is the config setup file for the printer. The default data that goes in each printers setup is all contained on this file. Reinstall this file. The original may be corrupt.

rick