PDA

View Full Version : NETWORK PROBLEM

ABC123

MARVIN GUILLEN
06-23-2000, 11:11 AM
I HAVE A LOCAL NETWORK, TWO COMPUTERS CONNECTED WITH A HUB, ONE COMPUTER HAS WINDOWS 98 AND ANOTHER HAS WINDOW 95. I AM USING ALPHA 4 V 6 FOR MULTIUSERS, ALPHA 4 DOESN'T LET ME CHANGE THE NETWORK SETTINGS TO SHARE IN THE COMPUTER THAT HAS WINDOWS 95 ONLY. I'VE CHECKED ALL THE WINDOWS SETTINGS FOR THAT COMPUTER AND THE HARD DRIVE AND IS SET TO FULLY SHARE AND ACCESS. I AM USING OTHER SOFTWARE, AND I AM ABLE TO SHARE THE DATABASE. FOR THIS REASON I CAN NOT SHARE THE DATABASE IN ALPHA 4. DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM?
THANKS

Ken L Herrold
06-25-2000, 06:17 AM
First, on the network adapter properties set NetBIOS to be the default protocol on both machines. Try it and see if that works. If it doesn't...........

Try adding IPX/SPX protocols to both existing configurations in Win98 and Win95 and set 'NetBIOS' to be the default protocol. This worked on one client of mine. Somehow, Win95 doesn't handle alpha well with just TCP/IP.

Le Me know how you did.

Ken

MARVIN GUILLEN
06-28-2000, 02:30 PM
I loaded Windows 98 and made the protocol on the network adapter as the default on both computers. That took care of the problem, I appreciate your help.
Thanks