PDA

View Full Version : pRINTER DATABASE ERROR MESSAGE

ABC123

Rokrz
06-19-2000, 11:40 AM
When I start Alpha4v6, and open a database,and then press view, I get athe following error message: "Cannot initilalize printer database".

I have been moving my files around to set up alpha on the network, so I must have moved a file that to the worng location.

If someone could tell me the name of the file to look for and where it belongs I would really appreciate it.

I am trying to configure followint the Example 2 screnario described in the manual on page 25-11 & 25-12.

Please help.

Thanks

Bob Okrzynski

Katie Hoverter
06-28-2000, 10:23 AM
Just logged in to this user board to see if anyone else had the same problem I have. I get the same message, but have not been doing anything different to our database. We have had this error message many times in the past, usually associated with the error message "no more file handles left" but have been able to resolve it powering down the system--all the way then rebooting and back into A4. This time that did not work. have you had any resolution to this problem? our system is networked.

csda1
06-28-2000, 11:00 AM
This issue has been covered so many times in this message board. Have either of you done a Search using "Printer Database" as a search item on this board?

Let me encourage all users to do searches rather than constantly repeating the same questions and answers.

Anyway, here is a previous answer I gave.

"Copy the PRINTER.DTA and/or CPRINTER.DAT into either the Shared Network directory or your private User directory. It depends on the release version of Alpha 4 as to where they must be. It's easiest to put them both in both places."

Regards,

Ira J. Perlow
Computer Systems Design & Associates
csda@mediaone.net