PDA

View Full Version : Printing a blank sheet.

ABC123

Tom Antrim
06-08-2000, 11:00 AM
I have multi users on a network that when finishing a print request has always one blank sheet following the last printed page. I have downlowaded a new set of drivers from the net but nothing seems to help this problem.

Dale Hartshorn
06-09-2000, 12:33 PM
A little more info might help. I have that problem once in awhile depending on how the printer and the print queue are set up.
What kind of network?
What kind of printer and queue?
Some print queues by default send a form feed at the end of a document
Some printers are set up in Alpha4 to send a form feed at the end of a document.
What version of Alpha4?
Have you checked the printer codes on the configuration page in Alpha4 against the manual for your printer?

I am not a techy but someone who is might read this and appreciate the info to work with.

BTW, I had a big argument with someone from Alphasoftware a few years and a few versions ago about this very same thing. She thought that I must have a formfeed in the control codes on the configuration page. That was not true, neither was her idea that the print queue was sending the formfeed.

Good Luck

Dale

Tom Antrim
06-12-2000, 06:02 AM
Dale

Thanks for the info. I am running Version 6, Runtime on a NT server. I have tried changing several things but haven't had alot of luck. The formfeed was one of the things I've changed. I don't have the problem on the Network printer just the local ones. They are Deskjets. I guess I can live with it but its a little annoying.