PDA

View Full Version : Zoom to record

ABC123

Tom Hull
03-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I am in the act of updating from Alpha 4 to Alpha5v5. I doing pretty well but ran into a wall when I try to zoom to records. I have some sets and everything appears OK. I have set some of the field rules for lookups and everything is OK when I try them. But when I try to "zoom to record", I get the following ERROR: "You can only zoom if a record in an embedded brouse has focus." I have no idea what this means. Help!

Tom Cone Jr
03-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Tom,

In Alpha Four you will remember being able to toggle between Browse mode and View mode, right? Well an embedded browse is an object used on a form to 'embed' a browse object within the form itself. You drop it into the form from the tool box. The error message is saying that the cursor must have been placed inside the browse and used to select a row. Zoom To will then switch the display to a user specified form so that you can look at the details of the selected record in form mode. This reminiscent of toggling between view and browse mode back in Alpha Four.

-- tom

russ Boehle
03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
The browse will always have focus if you put the zoom on the "On double click" event of the browse.

Russ