PDA

View Full Version : Expression

ABC123

Bill Downey
11-03-2002, 03:36 PM
I have a field called MAILED. I want to make a index for MAILED so that I can type in a date and everything in that date will come up.

Thank yoy

ronwills
11-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Bill,

First of all, I assume that the field called MAILED contains dates and is formatted as a date field. Check this out!

Let's say you are looking at a browse table with all your database records in it. Press the letter Q as in Query. In the first column type in the field name MAILED, press tab, press tab a second time. Your cursor should be in the "Condition" column.

Type in the following exactly in the condition column:
var->askd_Enter_the_Date

Now click on File Save and save the query as "Find Date Mailed" or something like this. (if you are still in the program, click on the exclamation point ! to run the query. You will be asked the date, enter the date. All records where MAILED = the date you entered will be returned by the query)

You can now use this query on a browse table or form any time while you are in the database by clicking on File, open Query. Open this query and click the exclamation ! point. You can also tie this query into a button on a form so that it is available to you at any time.

Ron Wills
Small Business Technology, Inc.
ronwills@sbtech.us

Bill Downey
11-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Ron

Thanks for your help.
Is Alpha still in business. I thought about up grading but it seems like Alpha is now just of a shell of a company. They no longer seem to be in business other then to sell old software.
Can you advise me about Alpha5

Thanks

Bill

Al Buchholz
11-27-2002, 06:59 AM
Please look at the other forums - especially the version 5.

This may help you show that Alpha is alive and well with a great new product.

What is your basis for saying that they are just a shell of a company ust selling old software?

RJGowan
11-27-2002, 07:22 AM
Bill:
I'm not associated with Alpha Software - just a happy A5 user. Check their website and other Forums and you will see they are very much in business and picking up converts from Access, Filemaker and others everyday. Alpha Software develops database software only. They've come a long way since v.1. They spent nearly 3 years developing the new version 5 of Alpha Five and it has just been reviewed in PC Magazine - rated 5 stars out of possible 5 - see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,716772,00.asp.

You can e-mail Alpha for a free trial of v.5 - and they have a 30-day money back quarantee on purchase - so you can't lose if you give it a try. IMHO, if you're doing any database work you should check it out!!